The Northeast Regional Ocean Council (NROC) Ocean Planning Committee (OPC) was originally scheduled to hold an in-person meeting on April 2, 2020. Due to recent events, the NROC OPC decided instead to hold a series of webinars starting on April 2, and continuing on May 28.
- The May 28 webinar was held from 10am – 12pm (Eastern), with over 150 registrants
- Download the webinar summary (includes the agenda and links to presentations)
- View a recording of the webinar
- View and download the presentations from the webinar
- NROC Ocean Planning Committee co-chair update (458kb)
- New England Fishery Management Council Collaboration with the Northeast Ocean Data Portal (1mb), Michelle Bachman and Tom Nies, New England Fishery Management Council
- Long Island Sound Blue Plan (4mb), David Blatt, CT Department of Energy and Environmental Protection and Christian Fox, The Nature Conservancy
- Massachusetts Ocean Management Plan (2mb), Lisa Berry Engler, MA Office of Coastal Zone Management
The May 28 webinar focused on an update of state-led marine planning efforts in Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts and on an update from the New England Fishery Management Council (NEFMC). Each of the presenters described policies related to transmission cables, aquaculture, offshore wind, and other activities.