A Northeast Regional Planning Body (NE RPB) Natural Resources Public Workshop and fourth NE RPB meeting took place on June 25-26, 2014 in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The workshop and meeting both took place at The Charles Hotel located at 1 Bennett Street in Cambridge.
On June 25th, the Northeast RPB, scientists, managers, and other interested parties met for a workshop on natural resource assessments for ocean planning to inform ocean planning work in the months to come. The RPB solicited public input as it proceeded with specific actions to characterize the region’s ecosystem, its species, and habitats under the ocean planning goal of “Healthy Ocean and Coastal Ecosystems.”
At the workshop, participants:
- Informed options for characterizing marine mammal, sea turtle, bird, and fish distribution and abundance for use in ocean planning.
- Discussed a review of existing regional efforts to identify areas of ecological importance or measure the health of the marine system and consider the applicability of such assessments for ocean planning.
Additional documents from this meeting include:
- Natural Resources Workshop Summary (PDF) (31pp, 951k)
- Introductory Presentation (PDF) (14pp, 896k)
- MDAT Overview Presentation (PDF) (33pp, 4.3M)
- Existing Data Sources Presentation (PDF) (15pp, 479k)
- Existing Approaches to Define Ecological Areas Presentation (PDF) (14pp, 1.2M)